This conference will serve both as a ‘health check’ for those who have already been involved in staffing overseas operations and as an overview for those who are relatively new to this area.
Examples of some of the areas to be covered are:
- The legal considerations of employing staff who work overseas.
- The range of employment options (e.g. employing on host country pay rates/terms; flying facilities; hybrid approaches).
- Selecting the most appropriate pay and benefits packages to support your overseas staffing strategy.
- Providing support for UK staff working overseas.
- Demystifying / Breaking down tax issues.
- Valuable resources and sources of information for HEIs.
- How does this all work in practice? An insight into the approach to staffing overseas operations from one or two HEIs– hear inside stories, hints and tips.
Confirmed speakers to date include:
- Di Gilhooley, Partner and Head of the Education Sector Group, Eversheds LLP
- Paul Boustead, Director of Human Resources and Organisational Development and Sonya Clarkson, Assistant Director of HR, Lancaster University
- Karen Nicol, Head of Reward and Employee Engagement and Lindsay Donoghue, HRD Partner International Management and Projects at Heriot-Watt University
- Lizzy Conder, Deputy Director of Finance & Head of Financial Services, University of London (Senate)
- Marie Green, Director, Global Mobility, PWC
- Raegan Hiles, Head of Programmes (outbound mobility: HEGlobal and Go International), Universities UK International
- David Remedios, Head of Consultancy, ECA International
A timed programme can be found below. The day will run between 10.00am (registration at 09.30am) and 3.30pm
Staffing overseas HE operations - programme