Running between 2 pm and 4 pm, this online event will update employers on the current issues affecting the public service pension schemes. The event will include discussions on the new LGPS employer flexibilities and the impact of the outcome of the McCloud age discrimination case.
The programme includes:
- An overview from Emelda Nicholroy, UCEA's Head of Pensions Policy, on the work being undertaken by the Scheme Advisory Boards.
- An update on topical legal issues from Alec Bennett, Principle Associate, Human Resources Practice Group at Eversheds Sutherland.
- An update on LGPS will be given by Bob Holloway, Pensions Secretary at the Local Government Association.
- Neneh Binning from the DfE and Jonathan Watson from Capita will provide an update on the TPS.
- Opportunities to ask questions and seek clarification on the LGPS employer flexibilities and the impact on pensions in HE of the outcome of the McCloud age discrimination case.
You will be able to join the meeting either via the Microsoft Teams App, via your web browser (i.e. Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Safari), or via your phone. Attendees can submit questions as part of the booking process or during the live event using the ‘chat’ function.
Watching the event
As we will be asking the participants to observe the Chatham House Rule, we won’t be recording the event.
The attendee fee for this online event is at a special participation fee of £85 per place.
Attendance fee and how to book
When you book you have the option of paying for a place by credit/debit card or to be invoiced.
When booking a place, you now have the option of paying online by credit card (note our online booking system indicates the ticket as £85).
You can of course be invoiced for the £85 attendance fee (note our online booking system indicates the invoice ticket as £0, you will be invoiced for £85).
If you would like to attend, please complete the TicketTailor booking form.
If you have any queries regarding your interest in attending, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org