UCEA’s Annual Health, Safety and Wellbeing Conference: Contemporary themes, legal developments and future focus will take place as an in-person event on Wednesday 12 July 2023 in central London.
This day-long, in-person conference will include contributions from USHA, Eversheds Sutherland, the HSE and case study presentations from Aston University and the University of Salford.
Who should attend
The conference is aimed at senior HR professionals with a responsibility for workforce health, safety and wellbeing, their senior health and safety colleagues, plus others who have a responsibility for workforce health, safety and wellbeing, including Occupational Health strategic leads.
The event will be chaired by Mike Parker, Chair of the Board of Governors, Liverpool John Moores University and Chair of the UCEA Health and Safety Committee.
Confirmed topics and speakers
- Sector health, safety and wellbeing update from USHA: Vincent King, Health and Safety Director, Cranfield University & Chair of USHA
- Business continuity and emergency preparedness: Scott Trim, Director of Health, Safety and Business Continuity, Aston University
- Update from HSE: Ed Corbett, Head of Human and Organisational Performance, HSE
- Hybrid and Agile Working - lessons learned: Richard Billingham, Chief Operating Officer, Aston University
- Improving the mental wellbeing of the university workforce: Dr Ashley Weinberg, Senior Lecturer in Psychology, University of Salford
- Introducing the updated Leadership and Management of Health and Safety Guidance for HEIs Monica Kanwar, Director of Health and Safety, University of Yor
- Tomorrow: Your reward for working safely today – the Law, Safety II, Assurance and the new HEI Safety Leadership Standard: Paul Verrico, Head of Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) team at Eversheds Sutherland
TimingsThe event will take place between 10.30 am and 3.30 pm on Wednesday 12 July 2023.
The timed programme can be found below.
Annual Health, Safety and Wellbeing conference - programme
Attendance fee and how to book
The participation fee for UCEA members is £425 per place. When you book you have the option of paying for a place by credit/debit card or to be invoiced.
We would advise early booking to secure your place.
If you work at an HEI or other body not in UCEA membership, please contact email@example.com for more information
UCEA members can book places via the tickettailor booking form
If you have any queries regarding your interest in attending, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org