The Framework Agreement for the Modernisation of HE Pay Structures (2003) was developed by UCEA and the HE trade unions, through JNCHES (the Joint Negotiating Committee for Higher Education Staff). It was the outcome of major structural changes in the sector over the preceding two decades and was developed in order to:
- Modernise the pay arrangements in place at that time.
- Reduce the risks at that time of equal pay claims, due to the different bargaining tables and pay arrangements for different staff groups.
- Reduce 10 negotiating tables into one.
- Enable HEIs to deliver these aims locally, according to their own needs and contexts, in partnership with their local trade unions.
There were a number of further documents that were developed as a result of the Framework Agreement:
Members can also refer to:
- UCEA guidance on the Framework Agreement
- Reports on implementation of the Framework Agreement